|The Water Department began October 7, 1897. Council passed Ordinance # 137 to issue bonds in the sum of $25,000 for the water system.
The Water Plant was then built in 1898. Mr. C. H. Hevey was the first Water Plant Superintendent.
In May of 1998, the Willard Water Plant was selected out of 6,000 Water Plants in Ohio to receive the "Outstanding Public Water System Award."
The Willard Water Plant can be viewed in the newly published "History of Ohio's Water Systems" by J. Douglas Brookhart and Alvin Wansing.